Utilitywise, a utility cost management consultancy, has announced its unaudited preliminary results for the year ended 31 July 2013.
- Revenue: £24.83 million (£14.38 million in 2012) – plus 73%
- Gross margin: 47.2% (43.1% in 2012)
- EBITDA: £7.39 million (£3.86 million 2012) – plus 79%
- Profit Before Tax: £6.98 million (£3.86 million in 2012) – plus 81%
- Diluted EPS: 7.9p (5.4p in 2012) plus 46%
- Proposed final dividend payment of 1.8p, making total dividend for the year of 2.6p
Further financial detail can be found on the company’s website http://www.utilitywise.com.
- October 2012 – acquisition of Clouds Environmental Consultancy Ltd
- April 2013 – acquisition of Aqua Veritas Consulting Ltd
- June 2013 – acquisition of Energy Information Centre Ltd
- 15,333 customers and 44,361 meters at 31 July ( 30 September 2012: 11,400 and 32,972 respectively) with additional 550 customers and 23,000 meters added through EIC
- £16.6 million of secured contracts waiting to go live as at 31 July ( 31 July 2012: £7.1 million)
- Post Period – £18.2 million of secured contracts waiting to go live as at 30 September 2013
· Board of Directors strengthened with non-executive appointments of Jeremy Middleton and Jon Kempster
Geoff Thompson, Chief Executive of Utilitywise, commented, “Our first full year as a plc has proved a very successful one. As well as delivering very strong organic growth we have been able to invest and build for the future. Integration of the three businesses that we acquired is progressing well and we have entered the new financial year with an improved suite of products and services to satisfy the wider energy needs of all businesses, regardless of size.
“The market in which we operate remains highly fragmented and we have still attracted only a very small percentage of our addressable market. Through our strong relationships with energy supply companies and our ability to identify customers and deliver the optimum solutions, we remain confident in the continued success of the Company.”
Utilitywise has also a appointed to he Board of Jeremy Middleton, CBE and Jonathan ‘Jon’ Kempster as non-executive Directors, effective immediately.
Jeremy Middleton is an entrepreneur best known for having co-founded Homeserve PLC, the FTSE 250 international home emergency business where he remains on the executive committee.
Jon Kempster has held a number of PLC finance roles, most recently as Group Finance Director of Wincanton plc, the UK and Ireland logistics and distribution group.
UK, South Shields
- Utilitywise plc to acquire Energy Information Centre Limited for £15.5 million Posted on June 13, 2013
- Utilitywise plc acquires Aqua Veritas Consulting Limited Posted on April 18, 2013
- Utilitywise – maiden report Posted on October 18, 2012
- Utilitywise acquires Clouds Environmental Consultancy Limited Posted on October 2, 2012
- Utilitywise to list on AIM Posted on June 18, 2012
Energy Management Transactions from Fusion
- Energy specialist Utilyx sold to MITIE Group
- Utility Masters Limited sold to M&C Energy Group
- Encore International sold to McKinnon & Clarke
- John Hall Associates, the leading supplier of Energy market intelligence and procurement services, sold to EnergyQuote
- Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC sold Energy Information Centre Ltd, an energy intelligence provider, to Broadfern Partners