The Mark Allen Group, a specialist information provider and event organiser, has agreed to purchase Centaur Media Plc’s engineering portfolio, including The Engineer and Subcon for £2.5 million. The terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
This transaction follows MAG’s purchase of 12 publishing brands in the aviation, automotive and arena sectors from UKi Media & Events Limited last week.
The engineering portfolio includes the market’s leading website, magazine and events, and has deep industry relationships and a diversified client base. The Engineer is one of the UK’s longest-running business publications and is supplemented by Subcon, which is an event for subcontract manufacturing professionals.
The sale comes as Centaur continues the divestment of its smaller businesses following the conclusion of a strategic review last October and its decision to improve operational execution by focusing on its leading brands. The transaction is expected to complete on 31 May.
Ben Allen, Chief Executive of Mark Allen Group, said, “The acquisition of these premium brands is part of our strategy to target well-established products in markets where we believe there are exciting growth opportunities. These assets will further strengthen our existing manufacturing and engineering publishing and event portfolio, which includes titles such as New Electronics and Eureka, as well as the Engineering Design Show.”
- Mark Allen Group completes acquisition of 12 UKi Media magazines Posted on May 3, 2019
- Centaur Media Plc agrees sale of travel and meetings exhibitions to Northstar Posted on April 10, 2019
- Mark Allen completes deal with Rhinegold Posted on December 5, 2018
- Mark Allen Group to acquire Rhinehold Group Assets Posted on July 27, 2018
- Mark Allen Group acquires Miles Publishing Limited Posted on December 21, 2017
- Mark Allen Group to acquire Community Care from RBI Posted on October 11, 2017
- Mark Allen Group acquires Unity Media and Unity Exhibitions Posted on June 23, 2017