Inspired Energy is to acquire Horizon Energy Group Limited, an energy procurement consultancy with 34 employees, based in Cork, Ireland with customers including large Corporates, Public Sector bodies and SMEs. The acquisition will be part funded by a £9 million share placing.
Inspired will pay an initial Consideration of €9.0 million to acquire 90% of Horizon. Inspired has the option to acquire the outstanding balance of 10% for a further €1.0 million. Further deferred payments of up to €5.0 million are subject to achievement of financial performance targets for the periods ending 31 December 2017 and 31 December 2018.
Horizon’s management team, including Colin Barry, founder and MD of Horizon, will remain with the Group.
Commenting on the proposed acquisition, Janet Thornton, Chief Executive of Inspired, said: “Inspired continues to look to deliver on its growth strategy and Horizon provides an opportunity to drive growth from Inspired’s platform as it is an established business in a relatively untapped market. It will bring high earnings visibility, supported by a strong procurement corporate order book, and Horizon’s sales team will benefit from the cross-selling opportunities with access to Inspired’s broader capabilities, ultimately benefitting clients.”
“Ireland’s energy procurement sector is relatively underdeveloped compared to the UK, providing a significant opportunity for Inspired to deploy its expertise in increasing its presence in this market, leveraging the Enlarged Group’s experience of growth in the UK market.”
UK, Kirham, Lancashire & Ireland, Cork and Dublin
- Inspired Energy acquires Flexible Energy Management and Churchcom Posted on April 20, 2017
- Inspired Energy acquires Informed Business Solutions September 29, 2016
- Inspired Energy acquires STC Energy and Carbon Holdings Posted on November 18, 2015
- Inspired Energy plc – Results for year ended 31 December 2013 Posted on March 24, 2014
- Inspired Energy acquires Simply Business Energy and KWH Consulting Posted on March 18, 2014
- Inspired Energy plc – results for the 12 months ended 31 December 2012 Posted on March 20, 2013
- Inspired Energy plc trading update for the financial year ended 31 December 2012 Posted on February 4, 2013
- Inspired Energy acquires Direct Energy Purchasing Limited and raises £1M April 16, 2012