Flexible Energy Management Limited (FEM)
Founded in 2012 , FEM is a public sector energy procurement specialist, servicing a customer base comprising of NHS foundation trusts/hospitals and academic and sporting institutions, through two NHS sponsored OJEU frameworks*. The business is based in Manchester, the two Directors of FEM have over 20 years’ experience in the NHS.
Inspired are paying £2.2 million in cash for FEM and in addition will issue of 2,993,653 new ordinary shares to the shareholders, who will remain with the business. For the financial year ended 31 March 2016, FEM delivered revenues of £0.65 million, EBITDA of £0.47 million and generated operating cash of £0.47 million.
Churchcom is an energy procurement consultant based in Peterlee, County Durham. Churchcom operates under two trading divisions, Church Energy Purchasing Group, which specialises in energy procurement for churches and Energy Partners, offering energy procurement services for commercial customers, complementing Inspired’s core Corporate Division.
Inspired are paying £1.4 million in cash for Churchcom. For the financial year ended 31 January 2017, Churchcom delivered revenues of £0.64 million, EBITDA of £0.35 million and generated operating cash of £0.47 million. Net assets as at 31 December 2016 stood at £0.24 million. The founder directors of Churchcom have sold the business in order to retire and will leave after a handover period.
Commenting on the acquisitions, Janet Thornton, CEO of Inspired Energy said: “We are delighted to conclude the acquisition of Flexible Energy Management and Churchcom, which are highly complementary additions to the Group’s core corporate division. These acquisitions broaden our customer base, further enhance our sector specialisms and increase our geographical spread. “
The acquisitions are being financed from the Group’s existing financial resources, with funding provided by an extension to the Group’s existing £3.5 million acquisition facility with Santander to £5.1 million.
* OJEU frameworks are framework agreements which govern the procurement process for Public Sector Bodies with the intention of improving the effectiveness of the tender process. The frameworks are subject to the rules of Regulation 33 of the Public Contracts Regulation 2015 which transposes Article 33 of Directive 2014/24/EU.
UK, Kirham, Lancashire & Manchester & Peterlee, County Durham
- Inspired Energy acquires Informed Business Solutions September 29, 2016
- Inspired Energy acquires STC Energy and Carbon Holdings Posted on November 18, 2015
- Inspired Energy plc – Results for year ended 31 December 2013 Posted on March 24, 2014
- Inspired Energy acquires Simply Business Energy and KWH Consulting Posted on March 18, 2014
- Inspired Energy plc – results for the 12 months ended 31 December 2012 Posted on March 20, 2013
- Inspired Energy plc trading update for the financial year ended 31 December 2012 Posted on February 4, 2013
- Inspired Energy acquires Direct Energy Purchasing Limited and raises £1M April 16, 2012