Sovetnik, which means “advisor” in Russian, is a browser extension that helps users find the best offer for online shopping. Sovetnik notifications appear when a person chooses an item in an online store. The application analyses the content of the page that the user is viewing, and shows multiple choice of on-line marketplaces where one can buy the same product with the best options – by quality of additional services and price. Sovetnik is used by more than two million people in Russia.
“Sovetnik provides a hint instantly, in the right place, and at the right time. People do not have to figure out where to make a purchase”, says Alexander Feoktistov, Head of Yandex.
Runa Capital fund invested $1 million in Metabar in 2011. Metabar team invented Sovetnik in 2013 and decided to pivot and focus on this project and the business around it. Runa Capital reports that the Yandex acquisition deal provided a multiple return on investment.
- Yandex acquires The Tweeted Times Posted on September 5, 2011
- Yandex plans $1 billion IPO on NASDAQ in June/July 2011 Posted on February 21, 2011
- Yandex has acquired OpenID login service Loginza Posted on January 27, 2011
- Yandex acquires startup Webvisor technology Posted on December 28, 2010
- Yandex considering a £1bn listing in London Posted on November 30, 2010
- Search engine Yandex is to acquire online map provider GIS Technologies Posted on June 30, 2010
- Mail.ru Group announces price range for initial public offering of $23.70 TO $27.70 per share Posted on October 27, 2010
- Facebook’s Russian investor Mail.Ru Group plans an IPO on the London Stock Exchange this year Posted on October 12, 2010