The merged broadcast and digital media company, based in Cincinnati, will retain The E.W. Scripps Company name, and the Scripps family shareholders will continue to have voting control. The company will have approximately 4,000 employees across its television, radio and digital media operations and is expected to have annual revenue of more than $800 million.
The newspaper company will be called Journal Media Group and will combine Scripps’ daily newspapers, community publications and related digital products in 13 markets with Journal Communications’ Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Wisconsin community publications and affiliated digital products. The company, with expected annual revenue of more than $500 million and approximately 3,600 employees, will be headquartered in Milwaukee.
The deal is expected to close in 2015. Read the full announcement here.
USA, Cincinnati, OH & Milwaukee, WI
- The E.W. Scripps Company third quarter results Posted on November 9, 2011
- Scripps to buy nine television stations from McGraw-Hill for $212 Million Posted on October 4, 2011 — Fusion DigiNet
- Scripps Networks Interactive and Virgin Media complete UKTV Transaction Posted on October 3, 2011
- BSkyB acquires Virgin Media Television Posted on June 6, 2010
- Iconix Brand Group acquires “Peanuts” Posted on April 27, 2010
- Scripps sells uSwitch to Forward Internet Group – updated Posted on March 2, 2010
- Scripps Networks Interactive acquires 69% of NDTV Lifestyle Posted on November 19, 2009
- McGraw Hill to split into two public companies Posted on September 13, 2011
- Platts to acquire Steel Business Briefing Group Posted on June 30, 2011
- Platts completes acquisition of BENTEK Energy Posted on January 5, 2011
- Platts to acquire BENTEK Energy Posted on December 14, 2010
- Platts to acquire Oil Price Information Service (OPIS) Posted on December 9, 2010
- McGraw-Hill Education acquires Starting Out, provider of life-skills and workforce development reference resources Posted on November 7, 2010