ICON is an established provider of multilingual contact centre services for the international market. Founded in 2003, the company currently operates one call centre in the Czech Republic with 150 employees and the capacity to expand to 300 seats. For the year to 31 December 2013, ICON reported revenue of £3.0m and EBITDA of £0.13m.
The initial consideration payable is €1.08 million in cash with a commitment to issue 30,701 new ordinary shares in Utilitywise at an issue price of 321.7p per new ordinary share, being the average mid market price of a Utilitywise share in the 30 trading days to 25 April 2014. Up to a further €1.2 million will become payable by 30 April 2015 in cash and shares subject to meeting EBITDA performance targets in the 12 month period ending 31 December 2014. Both the Initial Consideration Shares and the Deferred Consideration Shares will be issued following publication of Icon’s audited financial statements for the 12 month period ending 31 December 2014.
Geoff Thompson, Chief Executive of Utilitywise, commented: “Our initial testing of the European market is showing early positive results and the addition of ICON to the Group provides us with a European footprint from which to expand our services in Europe to the full intermediary procurement model that we employ in the UK. While the opportunity in the UK remains large and our primary focus, we are encouraged with the positive reception to our offering in the European energy markets and look forward to pursuing this opportunity.”
Utilitywise has enjoyed a long standing relationship with Oil & Gas major TOTAL through its Total Gas & Power (TGP) energy supply activities. TGP will be the first Utilitywise client to use the services of the acquisition with two contracts expected to be agreed ICON, each with an initial term running to end of 2016.
UK, South Shields & Czech Republic, Prague
- Utilitywise – audited results for the year: Utilitywise – acquisition analysis Posted on October 30, 2013
- Utilitywise announces preliminary results for the year ended 31 July 2013 October 15, 2013
- Utilitywise plc to acquire Energy Information Centre Limited for £15.5 million Posted on June 13, 2013
- Utilitywise plc acquires Aqua Veritas Consulting Limited Posted on April 18, 2013
- Utilitywise – maiden report Posted on October 18, 2012
- Utilitywise acquires Clouds Environmental Consultancy Limited Posted on October 2, 2012
- Utilitywise to list on AIM Posted on June 18, 2012