Bloomberg Beta’s initial focus areas are producing insights from data (data, technology platforms, content discovery, media distribution) and making the experience of work better (networks and communities, human-computer interaction, and radically new organisational models).
In these areas, Bloomberg Beta’s first announced investments are Newsle, MkII, Nodejitsu, Codecademy, Errplane and ProsperWorks.
“Bloomberg L.P. is itself a template for startups – first to succeed in its market, founded on a big idea, with a strong culture, and guided by its founders for three decades,” said Roy Bahat, head of Bloomberg Beta. “With Bloomberg Beta we can nurture the new generation of technology companies built on this template. We’re entrepreneurs at heart, and we want to invest and make companies. We’re fortunate to have a patient backer in Bloomberg L.P., which has seen firsthand the rewards to growing an extraordinary company over time.”
USA, New York, NY & San Francisco, CA
- Bloomberg Acquires PolarLake Posted on May 22, 2012
- Bloomberg completes acquisition of BNA Posted on October 1, 2011
- Bloomberg to acquire BNA for $990M Posted on August 26, 2011
- Bloomberg acquires B2G Eagle Eye Publishers Posted on February 22, 2010
- Bloomberg Acquires Clean Energy Data Leader New Energy Finance Posted on December 10, 2009