WebMediaBrands has acquired Inside Network.
Inside Network publishes the well-known blogs Inside Facebook, Inside Social Games and Inside Mobile Apps; industry-leading research services focused on the Facebook platform and social gaming ecosystem including Inside Facebook Gold, Inside Virtual Goods and Facebook Marketing Bible; AppData, a service used by developers, investors, marketers, and analysts interested in tracking application, or app, traffic on social platforms; and trade shows such as Inside Social Apps.
Justin Smith, founder of the Inside Network, will continue to operate the business and will become WebMediaBrands’ Vice President, Social Media and a member of its board of directors. Terms for the transaction included payment of $7.5 million in cash and 4,183,130 shares of the common stock of WebMediaBrands.
“Inside Network Inc. is a leader in covering the Facebook and social gaming ecosystem through reporting, research, and events,” stated Alan M. Meckler, Chairman and CEO of WebMediaBrands. “When combined with our leading social media blogs such as AllFacebook, SocialTimes, and AllTwitter, I believe that WebMediaBrands is now the leading source of news and information about Facebook, social gaming, Twitter, and social media. We plan to move aggressively with initiatives designed to grow our combined editorial, research, and events operations, as well as dramatically augment our online education coverage of social media and our job board presence in the social media arena,” added Meckler.
“WebMediaBrands has created a powerful platform for delivering news, research, education, and events to the social media industry,” said Justin Smith, Founder and CEO of Inside Network. Since our founding, Inside Network has always focused on providing the highest quality information, research, data, and events for the social app ecosystem. Combining our efforts should naturally enable us to move even faster to deliver products and services to this rapidly growing industry in multiple areas, including industry news and research, conferences and events, and job listings for the social and mobile application ecosystems.”
USA, New York, NY
- WebMediaBrands’ Mediabistro acquires SemanticOverflow.com March 23, 2011
- WebMediaBrands’ Mediabistro acquires FacebookMarketing.de Posted on March 17, 2011
- Mediabistro.com (a division of WebMediaBrands) acquires Twittercism.com Posted on February 24, 2011
- WebMediaBrands acquires the Semantic Technology Conference and Semantic Universe Blog Posted on September 24, 2010
- WebMediaBrands acquires Rotorblog.Com Posted on March 24, 2010
- WebMediaBrands acquires tradeshow business 3rd Power Posted on January 5, 2010
- WebMediaBrands acquires Social Times Incorporated Posted on December 11, 2009