Morningstar Europe, a subsidiary of Morningstar Inc., a provider of independent investment research, has completed the previously reported acquisition of a 75 percent ownership interest in Morningstar Danmark A/S from Phosphorus A/S, bringing its ownership to 100 percent. Morningstar paid Phosphorus U.S. $15.2 million, or approximately DKK 91 million, plus an amount for its share of first-half 2010 net profits.
Located in Copenhagen, Morningstar Danmark was established in 2001 by Morningstar Europe and Phosphorus, a Danish company. Peter Meyer, chief executive officer, and Torben Bruun, chief operating officer, will continue to lead the company.
Location: USA, Chicago,IL & Denmark, Copenhagen
Related DigiNet Articles
- Morningstar France acquires Seeds Group, including Seeds Finance and Multiratings Posted on July 1, 2010
- Morningstar Europe acquires the remaining 75% of Morningstar Danmark Posted on June 17, 2010
- Morningstar France Holding is to acquire Seeds Group Posted May 17, 2010
- Morningstar acquires Realpoint Posted May 4, 2010
- Morningstar UK has acquired Old Broad Street Research Posted April 13, 2010
- Morningstar Australasia acquires Aegis Equities Research Posted April 2, 2010
- Morningstar to acquire statistical ratings organisation Realpoint Posted March 19, 2010
- Morningstar acquires footnoted Posted Febriary 9, 2010
Leave a Reply