The best way to receive Fusion DigiNet information is to subscribe to the free email service available from the home page.
1. Avatar Reality raises $4.2 million
- Details: Avatar Reality, creator of the massively multiplayer online virtual world platform Blue Mars, announced today has raised an additional $4.2 million. To date, more than $13 million has been invested in Avatar Reality.
- Investors: Venture capitalists including Henk Rogers and Kolohala Ventures
- Contacts: Henk Rogers, co-founder: Jim Sink, CEO
- Location: USA, Honolulu and San Francisco, CA
- Category: Online games
- Links: Press Release
2. KidZui raises $4 Million
- Details: Kidzui, an a safe search engine filter and online browser for kids, has raised $4 million.
- Investors: Led by Mission Ventures led along with current investors First Round Capital, Emergence Capital Partners, and Maveron.
- Location: USA, San Diego, CA
- Category: Search
3. Made.com raises £2.5 million
- Details: Made.com has raised £2.5 million to launch a new designer furniture company that cuts out the middle man using the internet to connect buyers directly with manufacturers.
- Investors: Brent Hoberman, Founder of MyDeco and Lastminute.com, board director of the Guardian Media Group and Profounders Capital
- Contacts: Ning Li, founder
- Location: UK, London
- Category: Retail
- Links: Made.com about us
4. Placecast raises $3 million in series B funding
- Details: Placecast raises $3 million in series B funding to expand their ShopAlerts location‐based marketing service.
- Investors: From current investors, Quatrex Capital, ONSET Ventures and Voyager Capital.
- Location: USA, San Francisco, CA
- Category: Advertising
- Links: Press Release
Previous Fusion DigiNet article: 1020 Placecast has raised $5 million in a second round of funding November 19, 2009
5. Wix Raises $10 Million
- Details: Wix, which allows users to build free flash websites, has raised $10 million in Series C funding.
- Investors: Benchmark Capital, plus existing investors Bessemer Venture Partners and Mangrove Capital Partners.
- Location: USA, New York, NY
- Category: Technology
- Links: TechCrunch
Link: Atomico completes $165 million fundraising to invest in early-stage growth companies
Leave a Reply