CloserStill Media has acquired a majority stake in FocusZone Media, Inc., operating as The eLearning Guild, for an undisclosed sum. The eLearning Guild has a 40,000+ membership community of learning and development professionals in the United States and across the world. The Guild operates major conferences and exhibitions including DevLearn (Las Vegas, NV), Learning Solutions (Orlando, FL) and Realities 360 (San Jose, CL) and has a number of digital publications as well as research and online events.
CloserStill runs the world’s leading workplace learning event brand, Learning Technologies, with three market leading annual events in London, Berlin (with Online Educa) and Paris, a global digital community and the industry’s leading awards programme for corporate learning and development professionals. The London event in February is Europe’s largest annual exhibition and conference for the workplace learning sector attracting more than 8,000 attendees and over 200 exhibitors.
CloserStill’s Learning Group Managing Director, Mark Penton, said, “We are delighted to welcome The eLearning Guild and their impressive event portfolio to our growing global network and are incredibly excited by the huge opportunities this will create. And most importantly, we look forward to enhancing the collaboration between our family of learning brands and their learning communities around the world.”
USA, Santa Rosa, CL & UK, London
- CloserStill acquires majority stake in Masie Productions’ “Learning Conference” Posted on June 8, 2018
- CloserStill acquires Online Educa Berlin Posted on December 6, 2017
- CloserStill acquires pharmacy trade show Pharmagora from NewsMed Posted on March 31, 2014
- CloserStill acquires the Data Centre World event Posted on July 4, 2013
- CloserStill Media’s new investment arm acquires Red Publishing Posted on April 20, 2011
- CloserStill Media launches an investment arm and made its first acquisition Posted on April 13, 2011