RPS Group plc has acquired Metier Holding AS, a Norwegian based consultancy providing project management and training services, for a maximum consideration of NOK 267million (£22.3 million).
Metier operates across Norway from its headquarters in Oslo. The company, which employs approximately 160 staff, was founded in 1976 and works primarily on projects associated with delivering public and private sector infrastructure.
Metier trades within similar markets to OEC, the Norwegian project management consultancy acquired by RPS in October 2013, with less focus on the oil and gas sector. It has also developed an internet based project management training capability. The activities of the two businesses will be integrated.
52% of the Metier shares are held by external investors. The remaining 48% is held by 64 Metier staff, who are remaining with the business.
In the year to 31 December 2014, Metier had revenues of NOK390 million (£32.6 million), and profit before tax of NOK35.3 million (£3.0 million), after adjustment for non-recurring items. Net assets at 31 December 2014 were NOK45.1 million (£3.8 million). Gross assets at 31 December 2014 were NOK159.1 million (£13.3 million).
RPS is acquiring the entire share capital of Metier for a maximum total consideration of NOK267 million (£22.3 million), all payable in cash. Consideration paid to the vendors at completion was NOK166.8 million (£14.0 million). Subject to certain operational conditions being met, two further sums of NOK49.2 million (£4.1 million) and NOK50.6 million (£4.2 million) will be paid to the vendors on the first and second anniversaries of the transaction respectively.
UK, Abingdon, Oxfordshire & Norway, Oslo
- RPS Group acquires Klotz Associates for up to $24.1M Posted on February 17, 2015
- RPS Group plc acquires GaiaTech Holdings for £18.5M Posted on May 22, 2014
- RPS acquires Clear Environmental Consultants for up to £8.34 million Posted on April 10, 2014
- RPS acquires geological consultancy and training company Ichron Posted on September 26, 2013
- RPS Group PLC acquires Petroleum Institute for Continuing Education Posted on January 17, 2013
- RPS acquires Australian consulting firm Manidis Roberts for up to A$30M Posted on July 19, 2012
You must be logged in to post a comment.