Getty Images has acquired G&S Imagens do Brasil Ltda, its third party distributor in Brazil. Trading under the name of Getty Images do Brasil, G&S Imagens has been the primary distributor of Getty Images’ creative and editorial content in the Brazilian market since 2008 and has been a key contributor to Getty Images’ success in the fast-growing region.
“As worldwide demand for content across multiple channels and platforms continues to increase, we are delighted to strengthen our ability to fully serve the Brazilian market,” said Jonathan Klein , Getty Images co-founder and Chief Executive Officer. “The need for both local and global content remains strong in Brazil and across Latin America, as the region continues to develop and grow. This acquisition will further enhance our geographic presence as well as our ability to better serve customers in the region and around the world, with a greater choice of innovative and inspiring content.”
USA, New York, NY & Brazil, Sao Paulo
- The Carlyle Group completes its acquisition of Getty Images for around $3.3 billion Posted on October 26, 2012
- The Carlyle Group and Getty Images Management to acquire Getty Images from Hellman & Friedman for $3.3Bn Posted on August 15, 2012
- The Carlyle Group acquires visual effects software developer The Foundry from Advent Venture Partners Posted on March 18, 2011
- The Carlyle Group to acquire The Foundry from Advent Venture Partners Posted on March 15, 2011
- Getty Images has completed the acquisition of Photolibrary Posted on June 6, 2011