Groupon has acquired CommerceInterface, a provider of web-based channel management technology that helps manufacturers, distributors and retailers succeed at managing their businesses and selling online. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Groupon has used CommerceInterface technology since April 2012 to streamline operations of the growing Groupon Goods platform and automate interactions with thousands of existing vendors. The acquisition enables Groupon to leverage infrastructure provided by CommerceInterface to support and optimise the Groupon Goods business around the world in 2013.
“CommerceInterface has proven to be an important piece of Groupon Goods infrastructure in the U.S., quickly and reliably streamlining the execution of orders and other vendor interactions,” said Faisal Masud, head of Groupon Goods. “We look forward to enhancing our abilities to better support merchants overseas beginning early next year.”
CommerceInterface will no longer service other retail channels and current customers will have the option to transition to other vendors over the next six months with migration support from the company.
USA, Chicago, IL
- Groupon acquires Breadcrumb Posted on May 30, 2012
- Groupon acquires Ditto.me. posted on April 17, 2012
- Groupon’s IPO – what the commentators say Posted on November 7, 2011
- Groupon files for a $750 million IPO Posted on June 3, 2011
- Groupon buys Pelago Posted on April 29, 2011
- Groupon completes a huge $950 million round of financing Posted on January 11, 2011
- Groupon rejects Google’s $6 billion offer Posted on December 7, 2010
- Has Google bought Groupon? Posted by Fusion DigiNet on November 30, 2010
- Groupon has acquired European competitor Citydeal Posted on May 18, 2010
- Groupon acquires mob.ly Posted on May 7, 2010
- Groupon raises more funds at a $1.2 million valuation Posted on April 18, 2010
- Groupon has raised a Series B financing round of $30 million December 2, 2009