MoneySupermarket.com Group PLC, the UK price comparison website, has announced its interim results for the 6 months to 30 June 2012.
- Adjusted revenue increased by 15% to £102.2m (2011: £88.8m)
- Adjusted EBITDA increased by 25% to £28.7m (2011: £23.0m)
- Adjusted gross margin improved to 71.7% (2011: 71.4%)
- Cash balances of £36.7m (2011:£32.2m) at 30 June. The Group continues to be highly cash generative, and converted 106% of EBITDA to cash.
- Interim dividend increased by 20% to 1.8p per share
- Proposed acquisition of MoneySavingExpert.com for up to £87m approved by shareholders subject to OFT approval:
- Trading in July is in line with expectations with revenues approximately 10% ahead of the same period last year.
- The Board is confident in the prospects for the full year.
Peter Plumb, MoneySupermarket.com Chief Executive Officer, said, “The proposed purchase of MoneySavingExpert.com will add to what we offer consumers. It is among the most trusted brands in consumer finance. Our two brands – while continuing to operate independently – will give us a greater ability to help more customers and will accelerate progress towards our goal of helping every consumer make the most of their money.”
- MoneySupermarket.com acquires MoneySavingExpert for £87m Posted on June 1, 2012
- Apax Partners target Moneysupermarket Posted on October 31, 2010