The best way to receive Fusion DigiNet information is to subscribe to the free email service available from the home page.
1. BlogTalkRadio has raised $1.9 million
- Details: According to TechCrunch, social radio network site BlogTalkRadio has raised $1.9 million in Series B funding. The proceeds will be used for product development.
- Investors: The Kraft Group, Howard Lindzon, Roger Ehrenberg, and founder Alan Levy.
- Contact: Alan Levy, founder and CEO
- Location: USA, Lakewood, NJ
- Categories: Blog, Radio, Social Network
- Link: TechCrunch
2. Brightcove closes a $12 million Series D round
- Details: Online-video management company Brightcove has closed a $12 million Series D round of financing. Proceeds from the financing will be used to expand the company’s cash balance sheet and increase investments in key growth initiatives, including expansion in Asia and Europe, the rollout of new product lines like Brightcove Express on a worldwide basis, R&D innovation, and possible M&A activity. The company has now raised almost $100 million.
- Investors: Led by Accel Partners and General Catalyst. Other existing investors, including AOL, Hearst, AllianceBernstein, Maverick, and Brookside Capital, also participated in the Series D.
- Contact: Jeremy Allaire
- Location: USA, Cambridge, MA
- Category: Video
- Link: Company Announcement
3. Learnvest raises $4.5 million in Series A funding
- Details: Learnvest, an operator of a personal finance website for women, has raised $4.5 million in Series A funding. Learnvest plans to use the funding to meet the strong demand for its current information and tools, expand on its offerings, and build on the company’s recent success.
- Investors: Accel Partners led the round, and was joined by seed backers Richmond Management, Rose Tech Ventures and members of Circle Financial Group.
- Contacts: Alexa von Tobel, CEO/Founder, John Gardner, COO
- Location: USA, New York, NY
- Category: Finance
- Link: Press Release
4. NearVerse raises $1 million in seed funding
- Details: Mobile networking company NearVerse has announced that they secured $1 million in seed funding in Q4 2009. NearVerse has been using the funding to further develop its software-based networking platform to accelerate mobile Internet beyond the capabilities of existing 3G or 4G carrier networks. NearVerse launched their first app, LoKast for iPhone and iPod touch, at SXSW. Joining the company’s board are Glen Meakem and Alan Veeck of Meakem Becker Venture Capital.
- Investors: Meakem Becker Venture Capital
- Contact: Boris Bogatin, CEO
- Location: USA, Philadelphia, PA
- Category: Mobile, Apps
- Link: Press Release
5. Payvment has raised $1.15 million
- Details: According to an SEC filing, Payvment has raised $1.15 million of a $1.7 million equity fund raising round. Payvment is a solution provider for social network powered eCommerce, enabling users to build eCommerce websites and add shopping carts on Facebook.
- Location: USA, San Francisco
- Category: Retail, technology
- Link: Regulatory Filing
6. Reply! Inc has raised $1.08 million
- Details: According to an SEC filing, Reply! Inc (Reply.com) has raised $1.08 million in options and debt financing. Reply.com simplifies online locally-targeted marketing for businesses of all sizes. In February Reply! Inc announced that it had filed a registration statement on Form S-1 with the Securities and Exchange Commission for a proposed initial public offering of its common stock.
- Contacts: Payam Zamani, Founder, Chairman and CEO: Sean Fox, Chief Operating Officer: Sam Veazey, EVP, Chief Financial Officer
- Location: USA, San Ramon, CA
- Category: Advertising
- Link: Regulatory Filing
7. Secret Builders raises $2.3 million
- Details: Renaissance 2.0 Media, the parent company of Secret Builders had raised $2.3 million. Secret Builders is a virtual world for children 5 to 14 years. It has 1 million registered users and around 350,000 monthly users. Secret Builders has now raised just under $4 million.
- Investors: Investors include the Entrepreneurs’ Fund, Launch Capital, Carl Page and Scott Hassan, Michael Tanne, Sheila Marcelo; David Jeske, Sohaib Abbasi and Ken Morse.
- Contact: Umair Khan, CEO and co-founder
- Location: USA, San Mateo, CA
- Category: Kids
8. Socialcast secures $8 million in Series B funding
- Details: Social software business Socialcast, has raised $8 million in Series B funding. The company plans to apply the new capital to continued innovation in its enterprise collaboration and activity stream platform, Socialcast Ease™ (enterprise activity stream engine), as well as infrastructure investments to support its rapid business growth, including acquisition of top engineering talent and scaling of its marketing, sales and customer deployment teams. Sonja Hoel Perkins, Managing Director at Menlo Ventures, will join True Ventures Managing Partner Om Malik on Socialcast’s Board of Directors. Socialcast raised $1.4 million from True Ventures and other investors last year
- Investors: Menlo Ventures and True Ventures.
- Contacts: Timothy Young, Founder & CEO Twitter, The Socialcast Blog
- Location: USA, San Francisco, CA
- Category: Technology, Social Network
9. Tiny Speck raises $5 million in Series A funding
- Details: Massively multiplayer game company Tiny Speck has raised $5 million in Series A funding. Andrew Braccia of Accel Partners will join the board. The company has previously raised $1.5 million from Accel Partners and other angel investors. Tiny Speck has one game available so far – Glitch.
- Investors: Accel Partners led the round and was joined by Andreessen Horowitz.
- Contact: Stewart Butterfield, Founder
- Location: USA, San Francisco/Canada, Vancouver
- Category: Online Games
- Link: First reported by GigaOm
Leave a Reply