We posted the Fusion DigiNet “Fund Raising Round-Up” early this week as we had thought that logistical plans would prevent us from creating the round-up on Sunday evening (our normal time). However, that is not the case and we can now add a few stories we missed from Friday night’s round-up.
Here is the original round-up
FUND RAISING: WEEKLY ROUND-UP week ending 19th March
1. Nival Network has raises $7 million
- Details: Social games business Nival Network has raised $7 million from DST, 1C Company and Nival Group founder & CEO Sergey Orlovskiy valuing the business at $32 million. DST has invested $4 million for a 12.5% of Nival Network. Exisiting shareholders 1C Company also invested $1 million and will now own 26.56% and Nival CEO, Sergey Orlovskiy invested $2 million,and will now own 60.94%.
- Location: Russia, Moscow
- Category: Online games
- Report in newspaper Vedomosti
- Quintura Blog
2. Smartling raises $4 million in first funding round
- Details: Smartling, Inc., a provider of real-time, crowdsourced translations for Internet based businesses, has secured a US$ 4 million Series A round of investment. The company will use the funding to expand its operations and support product development.
- Investors: Led by Venrock. The round also included funding from US Venture Partners, First Round Capital and several angel investors.
- Contacts: David Pakman, Partner at Venrock: Jack Welde, CEO of Smartling
- Location: USA, New York, NY
- Category: Language services
- Links: Press Release
3. Videoplaza raises $5 million
- Details: Videoplaza, the European ad serving technology provider for managing and monetising online video, has raised $5 million. The capital was raised to support the company’s commercial development as it continues on its expansion path into Europe. The funding will enable Videoplaza to accelerate the deployment of its Monetizer ad server platform technology for managing, displaying and tracking advertising in and around publishers’ online video content into more European territories.
- Investors: led by the Nordic´s two leading Venture Capital firms Creandum and Northzone.
- Contacts: Sorosh Tavakoli, Videoplaza Founder & CEO: Pär-Jörgen Pärson, General Partner at Northzone: Fredric Cassel, General Partner at Creandu.
- Adviser: Frederic Laziou of Alta Venture
- Location: Sweden, Stockholm
- Category: Advertising, Video
4. Weedle raises $4 million
- Details: Weedle, a social media business that connects people with skills to those who need them, has raised $4 million. The funds will enable the Ireland based company to expand into the U.S. and other global regions. The announcement was made during an Enterprise Ireland-supported Trade and Investment Mission to the U.S. led by Taoiseach (Ireland’s Prime Minister) Brian Cowen. Enterprise Ireland is the Irish state agency responsible for the development and promotion of the indigenous Irish business sector.
- Investors: Weedle’s investors include well-known Irish business entrepreneurs Dr. Michael Smurfit and Weedle co-founder and CEO, Iain MacDonald, as well as the Irish government agency, Enterprise Ireland.
- Location: Ireland, Dublin
- Category: Social Network, Search
- Links: Weedle Blog
Leave a Reply