Centaur, the international provider of business information and specialist consultancy, has entered into a conditional agreement to sell Centaur Media Travel and Meetings Limited, the owner of the Business Travel Show and The Meetings Show, to Northstar Travel Media UK Limited, a leading B2B information and marketing solutions company focused on the global travel and meetings industries. Completion of the disposal is expected to take place on 30 April 2019.
The disposal follows Centaur’s decision last October to explore the divestment of its smaller businesses in order to simplify the Group’s structure and to focus management resources on its leading brands. Centaur announced on 1 April 2019 that it has raised £5m from the sale of its financial services business, which includes brands such as Money Marketing and Mortgage Strategy.
Northstar will pay a cash consideration of £9.25m (subject to customary post-completion adjustments) for CTM, which formed part of the Group’s professional services division. Centaur will consider the best use for the sale proceeds following the completion of its divestment review.
Centaur’s professional services division comprises The Lawyer and a portfolio of market leading event brands across three sectors: travel and meetings, human resources and engineering.
Andria Vidler, Chief Executive of Centaur, said, “[This] is another important milestone in Centaur’s ongoing transformation. As we focus on building more robust and stronger recurring revenues, we are reducing Group complexity and overheads that will allow us to deliver efficiencies and improve our operating margins.”
For the year ended 31 December 2018, Centaur’s travel and meetings exhibitions made normalised earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation operating profit of £1.7m (before central overhead allocations), up from £1.6m in 2017, on revenues of £6.4m (2017: £6.1m). At 31 December 2018, the business had gross assets of £1.7m.
UK, London & USA, Secaucus, NJ
- Centaur Media Plc sells financial services division to Metropolis Posted on April 1, 2019
- Centaur Media Plc to divest digital platform, events & financial services divisions Posted on November 19, 2018
- Centaur completes the acquisition of MarketMakers Posted on August 3, 2017
- Centaur Media Plc sells Home Interest Business for £32 million and acquires MarketMakers for an initial consideration of £13.4 million Posted on July 7, 2017
- Centaur acquires specialist marketing consultancy Oystercatchers for £3.35M Posted on September 21, 2016
- Centaur Media plc – Proposed disposal of Perfect Information for £26m and proposed early settlement of Econsultancy earn-outPosted on May 22, 2014
- A Fusion Deal:Econsultancy sold to Centaur Posted on July 10, 2012
- Centaur Media plc publishes its interim results for the six months ended 31 December 2013 Posted on February 20, 2014
- Wilmot abandons plans to make an offer for Centaur Posted on October 22, 2013
- Former Centaur Media chief executive Geoff Wilmot to make a bid for the company Posted on September 25, 2013
- Centaur Media plc – full year results Posted on September 12, 2013
- Centaur – Profits to miss forecast – Executives out Posted on May 16, 2013
- Centaur Media plc – half year results for the six months ended 31 December 2012 Posted on February 22, 2013
- Centaur Media PLC – half year trading update Posted on January 11, 2013
- Centaur Media year-end trading statement Posted on July 17, 2012
- Centaur Media acquires Profile Group Posted on February 21, 2012
- Centaur Media acquires Investment Platforms for up to £6.3M Posted on September 6, 2011
- Centaur Media plc reports profits at top end of expectations Posted on July 15, 2011
- Centaur Media plc to be restructured and to sell off some titles Posted on June 30, 2011
- Centaur Media PLC – Interim Management Statement Posted on May 12, 2011
- Centaur Media acquires The Forum for Expatriate Management for up to £6.75M Posted on April 7, 2011
- Centaur Media has acquired for Taxbriefs £1.9 million Posted on June 2, 2010