Internet advertising revenues in the U.S. hit $7.3 billion for the first quarter of 2011, representing a 23 percent increase over the same period in 2010, according to figures released today by the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) and PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC). This marks the highest first-quarter revenue level ever for the industry and a significant increase over last year’s first-quarter revenue level, which had been the highest on record to date.
“The consistent and considerable year-over-year growth we’re seeing demonstrates that digital media is an increasingly popular destination for ad dollars, and for good reason,” said Randall Rothenberg, President and CEO of the IAB. “As Americans spend more time online for information and entertainment purposes, digital advertising and marketing has emerged as one of the most effective tools businesses have to attract and retain customers.”
“The year-on-year 23 percent increase in first quarter revenues is not just impressive in its own right, but especially so when you take into account the fact that 2010 was a record-breaking year itself for Internet advertising revenue,” said David Silverman, a partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP. “These numbers indicate that the interactive advertising field hasn’t simply bounced back since the recession; it’s growing with dynamic energy.”
The full report is issued twice yearly for full and half-year data, and top-line quarterly estimates are issued for the first and third quarters. Past reports are available at www.iab.net/AdRevenueReport.
USA, New York, NY
Other Research Reports:
- UK Buyout market registers strongest quarter in two years From Lyceum Capital and Cass Business School’s UK Growth Buyout Dashboard – April 8, 2011
- VC Funding in the solar sector off to a Strong Start With Q1 Coming in at $658 Million From Mercom Capital Group – April 12, 2011
- JEGI releases its Media and Information M&A report for Q1 2011 – From Jordan Edmiston Group’s Media and Information M&A report – April 1, 2011
- Investments in green companies and technologies globally now total more than $2 trillion – From Ethical Markets Media‘S The Green Transition Scoreboard – February 22, 2011
- Market Research Report – 2010 Private Equity in the Information Industry Merger & Acquisition Trends – Valuation Metrics up 53% from 2009 – From Berkery Noyes Private Equity in the Information Industry M&A Trends Report – February 4, 2011
- US entertainment and media M&A activity has outpaced the overall US deal market in 2010 – From PwC US – January 31, 2011
- US Financial Technology & Information Industry M&A trends report shows deal value has grown by 27% since 2009 – From Berkery Noyes 2010 Financial Technology & Information M&A Trends Report – January 19, 2011
- Research shows smaller buyouts bounce back in 2010 – From Lyceum Capital and Cass Business School’s UK Growth Buyout Dashboard – January 11, 2011
- US information industry M&A report shows deal value and volume Up 36% – From Berkery Noyes 2010 Information Market M&A Trends Report – January 7, 2011
- AdMedia Partners survey forecasts an increase in traditional media and digital media M&A and improved multiples – The AdMedia Partners annual survey of senior executives – December 30, 2010