Publicis Groupe is the most active acquirer by volume in the Media and Marketing industry between 2009 and 2011 with 39 transactions, 24 of which were announced or closed in 2011. A list of Publicis Groupe acquisitions articles published on Fusion DigiNet is at the end of this article.
“In a context of sovereign debt crisis and economic slowdown, Publicis has not only outperformed the market, more remarkably it has improved on its own outstanding performance of 2010. The Group’s margin, which has improved very satisfactorily, is back on the 16% mark while we continued investment in technology and talent,” said Maurice Lévy, Chairman & CEO of Publicis Groupe. “We have continued to pursue our strategy of making targeted acquisitions in digital communications and high-growth countries.”
ANALYSIS OF THE KEY FIGURES
- Published growth +7.3%
- Organic growth +5.7%
- New Business (net) $7.9 bn
- Operating margin +8.8%
- Net income +14.1%
- EPS +12.3%
- Free Cash Flow +9%
Since the start of 2012, Publicis Groupe has made two acquisitions:
- Mediagong in France: a digital agency specialised in digital strategy consulting, the social media,advergaming and mobile communications.
- The Creative Factory in Russia: highly reputed in its specialized areas, namely, marketing, digital services, digital production and video. This Moscow-based agency will enable Saatchi&Saatchi to expand its foothold in Russia.
In addition to these two acquisitions, Publicis Groupe has launched a friendly takeover bid on Pixelpark, the independent German leader in digital communications.
Pixelpark’s core businesses range from the creation of digital brands, consulting, content management, the social media, mobile marketing, eBusiness solutions and data analysis and management. Publicis Groupe’s public offering has the support of Pixelpark AG’s Management Board and Supervisory Board. The bid will be tabled by the Groupe’s German subsidiary MMS Germany Holdings GmbH (MMS) registered on the Dusseldorf trade register under the reference HRB 50291. MMS will offer Pixelpark (ISIN DE000A1KRMK3) shareholders a consideration of 1.70 euro per share in exchange for their bearer shares of no nominal value. This offer is at a premium of some 28% over the estimated average share price of Pixelpark (1.33 euro) as traded on the German stock exchange during the three months up to January 20, 2012. The offer is scheduled to begin in mid-February. To date, the shares tendered by Pixelpark shareholders to MMS represent approximately 56.51% of the authorize share capital and voting rights. Among others conditions precedent, the bid will be subject to MMS acquiring at least 75% of the current share capital. The acquisition by MMS of the majority of Pixelpark shares must also be approved by Germany’s Federal Cartel Office.
On February 1, the Group announced the acquisition of Flip Media, one of the large digital agency networks in the Middle East. Flip Media is present throughout the digital chain, offering a comprehensive range of services from strategy, digital design and production, content to technological platforms. With an original, proprietary creation technology that has received many awards, Flip Media words with a number of emblematic brands.
Click here for the full Publicis Groupe announcement and fouth quarter information.
A list of all Publicis Groupe aquisition activity published on Fusion DigiNet is below.
- Publicis Groupe acquires The Creative Factory for Saatchi & Saatchi Russia Posted on January 25, 2012
- Publicis Groupe acquires Mediagong Posted on January 19, 2012
- Publicis Groupe acquires Gomye Posted on December 7, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Chinese digital agency Wangfan Posted on November 2, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Schwartz Communications Posted onSeptember 18, 2011
- Publicis acquires an equity stake in social media agency Big Fuel Posted on July 19, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires a majority stake in DPZ Posted on July 19, 2011
- Publicis Groupe takes a majority stake in longterm affiliate Spillmann/Felser/Leo Burnett Posted on July 6, 2011
- Publicis Groupe to acquire digital marketing agencies Rosetta Posted on May 19, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Beijing-based Dreams Posted on May 12, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Tailor Made April 29, 2011
- Publicis Groupe to acquire GP7 Posted on April 29, 2011
- Publicis Groupe takes a majority Stake in Brazil’s Talent Group Posted on April 21, 2011
- Publicis Groupe sells its stake in Freud Communications Posted on April 21, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires healthcare advertising agency Watermelon Posted on March 23, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires digital engagement agency Airlock Posted on March 10, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Kitcatt Nohr Posted on March 3, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Interactive Communications Ltd in Taiwan Posted on February 23, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires digital content and social media agency Holler for Leo Burnett Posted on February 17, 2011
- Publicis Groupe increases its stake in Wefcos Posted on January 28, 2011
- Publicis Groupe acquires Healthcare Consulting Posted on December 20, 2010
- Publicis Groupe takes majority stake in Brazil’s Andreoli MS&L Posted on December 16, 2010
- Publicis acquires interactive healthcare agency Digital District Posted on December 14, 2010
- Publicis Groupe acquires Eastwei Relations Posted on November 19, 2010
- Publicis acquires G4 Advertising in China Posted on August 29, 2010
- Publicis acquires Brazilian interactive agency AG2 Posted on August 29, 2010