Neil Thackray and Rory Brown, the founders of Briefing Media Ltd, are to acquire UBM‘s UK agriculture and medical general practitioner portfolios – including the Farmers Guardian and Pulse titles – for a total cash consideration of £10 million (subject to a working capital adjustment at completion). The new business will be known as Briefing Media Group. It is funded by GCP Capital Partners, a mid-market private equity fund.
The London-based general practitioner portfolio employs 33 staff and includes the Pulse and Practical Commissioning magazines and their digital and event products NAPC, the Mental Health Forum, Pulse Seminars, as well as Pulse Learning.
Commenting on the deal, Neil Thackray said, “When we founded Briefing Media we had a vision for creating a vibrant new business to business media company. This acquisition gives us both the scale and market opportunity to accelerate that ambition. We are delighted to be acquiring assets with such excellent pedigrees and reputations in important business markets and to be working with GCP Capital Partners. This will be the first but not the last acquisition we plan to make.”
The transaction is expected to close in the next four to six weeks. In total, these assets generated revenues of £12.1 million in 2011.
UBM has retained ownership of the Cropworld conference and the Chemist & Druggist magazine and data product portfolio.
Briefing Media article – A new chapter begins today for Briefing Media
- UBM plc and Roularta Media Group form Belgian medical print journal joint venture business Posted on February 3, 2012
- UBM TechWeb acquires Online Marketing Summit Posted on November 19, 2011
- Intent Media acquires UBM titles for £2.4m Posted on June 27, 2011
- UBM acquires 70% of US catering tradeshow business Catersource for $5 million Posted on June 21, 2011
- UBM plc acquires AMB exhibitions business in South East Asia Posted on May 12, 2011
- UBM Medica sells The Consultant Print Group April 29, 2011
- UBM Q1 results Posted on April 21, 2011
- UBM disposes of French medical print business Posted on March 1, 2011
- UBM disposes of UK licensed trade portfolio Posted on March 1, 2011
- UBM acquires Indian travel tradeshow SATTE Posted on March 1, 2011
- UBM to acquire stake in Famdent, India’s largest dental exhibition and conference business Posted on March 1, 2011
- UBM acquires Publishing Expo tradeshow for £320,000 Posted on November 11, 2010
- UBM acquires Lead in Research for £1.45m Posted on November 2, 2010
- UBM acquires Hors Antenne for up to €9m Posted on October 20, 2010
- UBM acquires OBGYN.net for $0.8 million Posted on October 15, 2010
- UBM to acquire 65% stake in Rotaforte International Trade Fairs & Media Posted on October 14, 2010
- UBM acquires Canon Communications LLC for $287 million Posted on September 16, 2010
- UBM agrees to acquire UM Paper for up to $880,000 Posted on September 16, 2010
- UBM Studios acquires virtual recruitment fairs business Astound Posted on September 1, 2010
- UBM Aviation acquires The Route Development Group Posted on August 13, 2010
- UBM acquires Children-Baby-Maternity Products Expo in China and related assets Posted on August 13, 2010
- PR Newswire acquires CORPORATE360 Posted on June 29, 2010
- UBM to acquire majority stake in Navalshore Posted on June 15, 2010
- UBM Global Trade acquires selected Centradex assets Posted on May 6, 2010
- UBM acquires web-based marketing business SharedVue Posted on April 21, 2010
- UBM TechWeb acquires Game Advertising Online for up to $8million Posted on February 26, 2010