TripAdvisor has acquired GateGuru, a mobile resource for flight and airport information around the world. Built on a mix of user-generated content and information from the airports, flyers can view detailed maps and insights on stores, restaurants, amenities and gate locations. Combined with weather forecasts, estimated security wait times and real-time flight status information, the app aims to take the stress out of flying. The terms of the deal were not disclosed.
“Flying is often an essential part of a trip and we have continually developed our suite of flights products, from the pricing andavailability search on TripAdvisor, to our award-winning SeatGuru.com, with seat maps and more,” said Steve Kaufer, co-founder and CEO TripAdvisor, Inc. ”GateGuru nicely complements our existing flights products and we look forward to working with the GateGuru team as they continue to manage the GateGuru app and add great functionality to the TripAdvisor mobile experience.”
The GateGuru team will continue to operate out of New York City, and report to Bryan Saltzburg, General Manager New Initiatives and leader of the TripAdvisor Flights product and SeatGuru brand.
USA, Newton, MA & New York, NY
- TripAdvisor acquires Niumba.com Posted on May 7, 2013
- TripAdvisor acquires CruiseWise Posted on May 3, 2013
- TripAdvisor acquires Tiny Post Posted on March 22, 2013
- TripAdvisor acquires Where I’ve Been Posted on July 18, 2011
- TripAdvisor acquires EveryTrail Posted on February 4, 2011
- TripAdvisor acquires Holiday Lettings, the U.K.’s largest independent vacation rental website Posted on June 24, 2010